THE HOMELESS PARTY
If there are two things that the Homeless party will not do…it is 1: make you Relax, or 2: make you Kill the Prime Rib of Micronesia. HOWEVER if you are interested in having an awesome crazy time, then it is the way to go. The Homeless party is one of the most fun parties to decorate and dress up for, and for this reason is a GREAT college party theme.
Once upon a time, there was a movie called The Night at The Roxbury, now…the long hilarious story in short hand: the Butabi brothers had a dream of a nightclub that was the club on the outside and looked like the street on the inside. YOU MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN. Design your house to look like a street. Perhaps acquire some street signs (legally), stop lights, paint your floor with a double yellow line in clear highlighter paint that only shows up in black light. There are millions of decoration ideas.
Next, you must invite and inform your guests that they are coming to a homeless party and that they must dress like homeless people. Preferable sexy homeless people (trust me, it’s possible…where there’s a will there’s a way). Tell them to “Think Derelict from Zoolander.” In fact….just tell them to go ahead and watch that for inspiration.
Finally you must supply an abundance of the right drinks, and right drink accouterments.
Aside from the aforementioned signs, streetlamps, and double yellow lines…also try:
- Boxes…and big ones….LOTS AND LOTS OF THEM
- Street Lamps
- Neon Lights (like you might see in the window of the store across from the bench you like to sleep on)
- Foliage (think shrubs and trees)
- Car Parts?
- Big black plastic trash-bags stuffed with crumbled newspaper (You know? to put next to the boxes!)
- Street Construction type stuff….like traffic cones (again…also acquire legally)
- Ratty T-Shirts
- Strange beat-up hats or sweaters
- Trench Coats
- gloves with the fingers cut
- Obscure stylistic elements:
- top hats
- feather boas
- Clothes that are too lose or too tight
- Clearly outdated items…i.e T-shirts with slogans from the 80s
The Drinks themselves don’t matter…..really you can have anything as long as you supply 100s of Brown Paper Bags in which you can put your drink. GOTTA BROWN BAG at a homeless party.
- Malt Liquor works best
- Smaller bottles such as 350ML flask type bottles add to the party