The game “Beer Hunter” gets its name from the movie The Deer Hunter, the 1970′s classic that features Robert DeNiro and Christopher Walken as American steelworkers fighting in Vietnam. The movie is famous for a particular scene where DeNiro and Walken are held captive and forced to play Russian Roulette. It is widely regarded as one of the most intense scenes in the history of film, so if you haven’t seen it yet, take a minute to familiarize yourself…
Although that scene really deserves to be seen in context to understand the brilliance of their performances, you now understand the namesake of “Beer Hunter” and we may proceed with the rules and regulations.
What You Will Need:
- Six People
- A Six-Pack
- Place six beers in the center of a table.
- Pick up one beer and shake it. Really shake the damn thing.
- Everyone who is playing turn their heads/close their eyes while someone who isn’t playing rearranges the beers so the shaken beer can’t be identified.
- Pick a player to go first. That person must pick up a beer, hold it up to their temple, and open it.
- If the beer doesn’t explode, that player must drink their beer, and it’s now the next players turn to pull a beer. If it does, they are the loser.
That’s it. Pretty simple game that is sure to make whoever is playing it very anxious, and drunk.