Harry Potter finally ended in 2011 and is maybe one of the greatest told stories of Generation Y. HOWEVER, now it is 2012, and what has yet to be touched upon is that Harry Potter is rife with potential for one MAGICAL (yeah I went there) College House Party.
Set up your house to be as reminiscent of Hogwarts as possible. For this refer to the decorations section.
House colors. For those who don’t know, the four house colors are:
- Red and Gold (Gryffindor)
- Blue and Bronze (Ravenclaw)
- Green and Silver (Slytherin)
- Yellow and Balck (Hufflepuff)
For the more ambitious host, it can be fun to designate different rooms as the houses’ respective common-rooms….this may mean tearing through your HP books to find out what each room is designed like in order to be more accurate, but who can complain about that?
- Bring your wand. You know you have one. Just do it. No it’s not a fucking chopstick!? I bought that shit on skymall.
- If you are a frat it is fun to refer to your pledges as “House Elves”
- The party motto is “I solemnly swear I am up to no good.”