Jello Straws, like Jello Orange Slices are pretty much a game-changer. The old-timey Jello in a tiny cup method will no longer be an acceptable method of delivering Alcohol in a solid form. Basically, the world will be turned upside down to the point where even alcoholic pudding is a more acceptable indulgence at soirees than your standard jungle-juice. Granted, if that sounds appealing to you then perhaps you should check out our “Solids Only” party theme. Enjoy!
- 1 6oz. Box of Jello or 2 3oz. Boxes of the same Jello
- 21/2 cups water
- 11/2 cups 80 proof alcohol
- A 2 liter soda bottle
- 2-3 Packages of Bubble Tea (Jello) Straws
- Mix 11/2 cups alcohol with 1/2 cup of water, and then refrigerate for 1 hour
- Cut the top off of the 2 liter soda bottle so it is about 8 inches tall.
- Boil 2 cups of water and mix in gelatin until thoroughly dissolved.
- Take off the boiler, and add the 2 cups of alcohol water mixture; stir throughly.
- Add the Jello mixture to the 2 liter bottle.
- Add the Bubble Tea Straws into the 2 liter bottle until they are packed in tightly and all standing upright.
- Refrigerate until Jello becomes firm.
- It may be best to add as much as 2 or 3 tablespoons extra of water because if the Jello becomes to firm it can get stuck in the straws. However, it can easily be removed for consumption by sliding one’s teeth along the straw, but the target is that people will be able to easily suck out the Jello.
- Sometimes the outside of the straws will have Jello residue, so in order to avoid having a sticky mess to clean-up, it is probably best to remove the straws from the 2 liter bottle, clean them and serve them from another container. Straws can be easily cleaned by taking a handful and running them under COLD water until bits and residue rinses off.
[sws_red_box box_size="590"] THESE STRAWS ARE 15% ALCOHOL BY VOLUME. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY. [/sws_red_box]
Category: College Party Attractions