The next time you make tacos, this recipe will make you think twice before you reach for that pre-made seasoning packet. You can adjust the red pepper flakes, paprika and chili powder to change the heat, depending on what you are looking for. If you are feeling particularly adventurous, try toast the spices in an 8 inch skillet over low/medium heat for about 3 minutes after you have mixed them together.
- 1 tablespoon chili power
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container
- Use 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning per pound of meat.