Amaretto is originally an almond liqueur, and when mixed with cherry soda tastes a little bit like Dr. Pepper. BUT, this weeks drink is the Amaretto Sour. As it sounds, this drink is a little bit tart, but has a very intriguing and delicious flavor!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Amaretto (Most Commonly Disaronno)
- Sour Mix (Usually made from lemon juice and/or Lime Juice mixed with equal part simple syrup)
- Sugar (for rimming)
- Orange or Lime Slice (for garnish)
- A Shaker
- A glass
- A strainer
- A bowl (for rimming)
- Start by rimming the glass with sugar. To do this pour sugar into the bowl, and moisten the rim of the glass. Then dip the rim of the glass into the sugar.
- Next, mix 1 part Amaretto to 1.5 parts Sour Mix in a Shaker with Ice.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture into the glass carefully not to spill on the rim.
- Place a the fruit slice on the rim for a garnish.