Pico de Gallo is the fresh and simple salsa-type topping that most mexican restaurants use in their burritos and tacos. But, aside from that pico is great for dipping chips, on top of grilled chicken breast, and mixed in with salads. The following is a basic Pico de Gallo recipe. Enjoy!
- A Few Tomatoes
- An Onion
- 1/8 tsp.Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Limes
- Garlic (optional)
- Dice the tomatoes until you have about 1.5 – 2 cups
- Dice the onions until you have 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup
- Mince the Jalapeno very finely
- Mince 1tbsp. garlic very finely (if you have it).
- Mince about 2 tbsp. Cilantro very finely.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Mix in additional cayenne pepper to spiciness preference.
- Dice Mango and mix it in for a sweet kick
- Mixing in a small amount of marmalade can also add a tango and sweet kick