This dish is a crowd pleaser, and despite popular belief, this dish is easy to make. It impresses people because they view scallops as an expesive luxury item.
This meal is best made for two people instead of large groups. Scallops can get pricey, and making it for more than two people might put a hole in your pocket.
- 1 Lb Sea or Bay Scallops
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Parsley (minced)
- 3 Tsp Lemon juice
- Wash and dry scallops
- In large skillet. (Ideally cast Iron) heat 2 tbsp of butter and add salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Add scallops to skillet. Cook quickly on high heat until sides are browned.
- Flip scallops when browned (about 4 or 5 minutes).
- Transfer the scallops to a heated platter. Repeat the process until all the scallops are cooked.
- In the same skillet place the parsley, lemon juice, and remaining butter. Sauté contents and pour over scallops.